Zabaione or zabaglione is a traditional Italian dessert, something between pudding-mousse-eggnog. This zabaione with strawberries is very simple and easy to prepare, creamy, and very delicious. Plus, the season of strawberries is the ideal time to try this amazing dessert with a sweet strawberry flavor. Here is the recipe:
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries (hulled, halved, sliced)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup dry Marsala wine
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- In a bowl, gently combine the strawberries and sugar. Cover and let sit at room temperature until juices release, around 30-40 minutes.
- Split fruit between two small stemmed cocktail glasses or serving dishes.
- In a saucepan, apply sugar, egg yolks, and marsala. Set over low heat. Hold bowl rim with a potholder. Stir to combine, until mix forms loose peaks, around 7 minutes. The custard should feel warm to the touch.
- Then, spoon it over the strawberries and serve while still warm.