This banana dream cake is so rich, moist, and creamy! If you like banana desserts, then this recipe is just for you! I having tried anything similar! Simply delicious! You can make it for weekends, holidays, or birthdays. Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup (around 2 large) mashed ripe bananas
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon banana liqueur
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 oz. applesauce
- 1 ½ sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1 /2 packages (12 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 275°F/140°C/Gas Mark 1. Grease and flour three 8-in. round cake pans; leave aside.
- Next, in a small bowl, combine mashed bananas and lemon juice; leave aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
- Then, in a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Whisk in the eggs one at a time, then apply the sour cream, applesauce, and banana liqueur. Fold in the flour mixture by turns with the milk. Add the banana mixture and combine.
- Divide the batter (around 2 1/2 cup batter in every pan) into the three prepared pans. Place in the oven and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Allow cooling completely before frosting. In the meantime, prepare the frosting.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, mix cream cheese and butter until smooth. Fold in powdered sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon and beat on low speed until incorporated, then on high until you get a smooth frosting.
- Assemble the three layers with a layer of frosting in between every layer and frost as desired. To finish, sprinkle with some cinnamon and store in the fridge until ready to serve. Slice and serve.