This red velvet French toast is so delicious and beautiful! It can be a perfect breakfast for your loved ones and sleep over guests. A nice combination of red velvet can and French toast – fun, tasty and easy to prepare – here is the recipe:
For the red velvet French toast:
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- A few drops organic red food coloring
- 8 slices toast bread, sliced in ½ diagonally
For the vanilla bean cheesecake filling:
- 8 ounces’ cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Melted chocolate (optional)
- A few fresh berries (optional)
- Confectioners’ sugar (optional)
To make your cheesecake filling:
- Frist, prepare the filling: in a medium-sized bowl, combine the sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla, and whip until fluffy and light. Set aside and prepare the French toast.
To make the French toast:
- In a bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, sugar, cocoa, vanilla, and food coloring until smooth and lump free.
- Dip both sides of bread slices into the mixture (press lightly to soak through entirely) until evenly coated.
- Then, heat a nonstick skillet/pan over low-medium heat, apply the bread slices and fry the both sides until just cooked through. Remove and apply onto a warmed plate.
- Next, spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons filling onto six toast splits; spread to coat and top with the rest bread halves to make a sandwich.
- To garnish, drizzle with melted chocolate and top with remaining cream (if desired); dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve warm with a few berries.