Passionate about chocolate? Then you will definitely like this creamy, fluffy and extremely delicious quick chocolate mocha mousse recipe. As an Italian, I really enjoy mocha desserts and this one is totally my jam! Here is the recipe:
Servings around 6
For the mousse:
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons (1 package/10-11 grams) unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup hot coffee
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or rum extract
- chocolate covered espresso beans (optional)
- Before you start with the recipe, place beaters and mixing bowl in the freezer to chill for around 10 minutes because chilling the bowl will help the heavy cream beat up fluffier and faster.
- In a cup, add the water along with gelatin. Stir slightly and leave aside for 2 minutes to set. Next, place the hot coffee into a bowl and add the gelatin Stir until well incorporated. Set aside to cool.
- Retrieve the chilled mixing bowl and apply the heavy cream. Whisk cream on medium-high speed for around 2 minutes until it starts to thicken. Then, reduce to low speed, and while still mixing, gently add powdered sugar, then vanilla/rum extract, and cocoa powder.
- Continue mixing, and gently place the cooled gelatin/coffee mixture. Increase the speed of the mixer to medium-high and continue to whip until well incorporated – fluffy and soft peaks are formed. Don’t over-mix. Remember, the batter will firm up as it chills.
- Pipe or spoon into small glasses/cups. Chill at least half an hour minutes before serving.
- Garnish with chocolate sprinkles, chocolate covered espresso beans (if desired).