Many people like the taste of the McDonald’s French fries. So, today, am offering you the recipe of the McDonald’s French fries that you can prepare at home and make your children happy. Plus, you and your family will eat a homemade, good (not junk) food. Here is the secret:
- 3 Idaho russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup beef lard
- 6 cups peanut oil
- 2 ¼ teaspoons salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon beef bouillon granules (if desired)
- Frist, peel the potatoes and julienne them into shoestring French fries. The potatoes should be about 1/4-in. by 1/4-in. thick and around 4-in. to 6-in. long.
- Then, in a large bowl combine water and corn syrup, being sure to combine thoroughly until the syrup is well distributed. Fold in the French fries to the water corn syrup solution. Place in the fridge for about half an hour.
- While they are soaking, in a deep fryer or heavy bottomed stock pot, heat the oil until it reaches 190°C/375°F.
- Remove French fries from water corn syrup solution; pat dry. Add them to the peanut oil and partly fry them for 1-1 ½ minutes. The fries should just begin to turn a light golden brown. Then, remove the fries from the fryer and apply them on a paper towel-lined plate. Put in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, apply the beef fat to the oil and heat to 400°F/200°C. Remove the fries from the freezer, put them back to the beef fat oil and fry for 5-7 minutes or just until they are golden brown. Apply them to a paper towel-lined plate to drain the fries, then transfer in a large bowl.
- To finish, sprinkle with salt and toss the French fries until coated. Serve immediately.