Linguine with Fennel, Crab & Chervil
- 450 g/1 lb linguine
- 25 g/1 oz. /2 tbsps. butter
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed and finely diced
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and finely diced
- 6 spring onions/scallions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 300 ml/ ½ pint/1 ¼ cups double/heavy cream
- 3 tbsps. freshly chopped chervil, plus extra to garnish
- 1 large cooked crab
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- juice of ½ lemon, or to taste
- dill sprig, to garnish
Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to a rolling boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the packet instructions or until al dente.
Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large saucepan. Add the carrots, shallots, celery, fennel and three quarters of the chopped spring onions/scallions. Cook the vegetables gently for 8-10 minutes until tender, stirring frequently and ensuring that they do not brown.
Add the double/heavy cream and chopped chervil to the vegetable mixture. Scrape the crab meat over the sauce, then stir to mix the sauce ingredients.
Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper and stir in the lemon juice. Drain the pasta thoroughly and transfer to a large, warmed serving dish. Pour over the sauce and toss. Garnish with extra chervil, the remaining spring onions and a sprig of dill.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.