This is one of the most popular recipes in the modern Italian cuisine because it is very easy to prepare, good looking, and delicious! However, I just know that my young Italian relatives love these sweet, easy white chocolate and coconut truffles – because am seeing them very often on birthday or holiday parties. Here is the recipe:
Servings 31 bite-size or 20 large truffles
For the truffles:
- 250 grams white chocolate, finely chopped
- 25 grams unsalted butter, room temperature
- 100 ml heavy cream
For the coating:
- 200 grams melted white chocolate, cooled slightly
- 100 grams desiccated or shredded coconut
- Place the white chocolate, butter, and heavy cream in a saucepan, over a low heat; stir to combine the ingredients until well incorporated and smooth. Apply into a shallow dish or tin lined with baking paper. Put in the fridge to chill for 3 hours until firm.
- Next, line a baking tray with baking paper. Leave aside. Roll the chocolate batter into balls with a teaspoon. Apply on a plate and put in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour to set.
- Then, gently drop each truffle into the melted white chocolate mix and roll them in Apply to the baking tray and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.