This cinnamon roll one-cup cake recipe is the best! Quick and easy – you can make it any time just with some simple ingredients. Rich and creamy, this dessert requires only one-minute preparation and great enjoyment. You can double the ingredients and use an additional mug for more. Here is the recipe:
Servings 1 mug
For the cake:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A pinch of ground nutmeg (if desired)
For the cream cheese icing:
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Frist, make the cream cheese icing. In a small bowl, using a fork, whisk the powdered sugar, cream cheese, vanilla extract, and milk just until smooth. Set aside.
- Then, make the one-cup cake. In a mug, combine all the ingredients listed on the cake with a fork until well incorporated.
- Microwave mixture on high power for one minute and check cake for doneness. In case it’s not fully cooked microwave it for an extra 15 seconds.
- Top with cream cheese icing and serve warm.