These Italian chicken morsels fried in batter are so easy and simple to prepare but very delicious! A great lunch idea that requires only a few simple ingredients. Here is the recipe:
- 500 grams/1 lb 2 oz. skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 tablespoons plain flour
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- Coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Cut the chicken things into 4-cm/1 ½ -inch chunks. Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the chicken pieces and leave to marinate at room temperature for an hour, or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Spread the flour on a plate and mix with a pinch of salt and plenty of pepper.
- When ready to cook, remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and drain.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep-fat fryer or large saucepan to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4, or until a cube of bread browns in 30 seconds.
- Roll the chicken in the seasoned flour and then in the beaten egg. Immediately drop into the hot oil a few pieces at a time, and deep-fry for about 5 minutes, until golden and crisp, turning occasionally with tongs.
- Drain on crumpled kitchen paper. Place the chicken pieces in a warmed serving dish and sprinkle with parsley. Serve hot with sauce or thick wedges of lemon (if desired).