This pumpkin and carrot soup are so delicious! When the weather is cold it will warm your body and when is shiny will bring happiness to your soul. Simple, quick, tasty and healthy – simply the best! You will need 10 minutes to prepare it plus around 30 minutes to cook. Here is the recipe:
- 320 grams’ pumpkin, seeded, peeled and cut into chunks
- 6 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 L vegetable stock
- ¾ cup dried red lentils
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- 7 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon ginger, freshly grated
- Greek style natural yogurt, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas Mark 6. On a baking tray, arrange pumpkin, carrots, garlic, and onion. Apply turmeric and oil; toss well to coat.
- Next, roast vegetables for 20-25 minutes or just until tender. In the meantime, in a large heavy-based saucepan, place the thyme, stock, ginger, and lentils. Cover with lid, place on the heat and bring to a simmer over a medium heat. When simmering, take out the lid and cook uncovered for around 25-30 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- When vegetables are roasted, apply them to the cooked lentil mix and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Use a blender or food processor to blend the soup to the wanted consistency or simply puree in batches in a blender.
- Finally, to serve, place the pumpkin and carrot soup into a serving dish, season and top with some yogurt (if desired).