This peanut brittle is sure to bring joy during the holiday season. Sweet and crunchy treat filled with peanuts…simply delicious! Your kids will love these tiny, beautiful bars. Here is the recipe:
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups raw peanuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- extra butter, for greasing
- Use a butter to grease a cookie sheet; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine butter, vanilla extract, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, combine corn syrup and sugar. Cook the mixture until it spins a thread when sprinkled from the spoon.
- Add peanuts and continue cooking, stirring until mixture becomes light brown.
- Apply the butter, vanilla, and baking soda mixture that you prepared earlier. Mix until butter is entirely melted and you get a foamy mixture.
- Then, pour out onto the prepared cookie sheet. Using a fork, spread it out approximately ¼ inches, or just as thinly as you can.
- Allow cooling Before serving, break it into pieces by using a butter knife.