- 2 tbsps. raisins
- 1 strip thinly pared lemon zest
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsps. Marsala or Italian fortified wine
- 3 medium/large egg yolks
- 3 tbsps. caster/superfine sugar
- 125 ml/4 fl oz. / ½ cup dry white wine
- 150 ml/ ¼ pint/ 2/3 cup lightly whipped double/heavy cream crisp biscuits/cookies, to serve
Put the raisins in a small bowl with the lemon zest and ground cinnamon. Pour over the Marsala or fortified wine to cover and leave to macerate for at least 1 hour.
When the raisins are plump, lift out of the Marsala wine and reserve the raisins and wine, discarding the lemon zest.
In a large heatproof bowl, mix together the egg yolks and sugar. Add the white wine and Marsala wine and stir well to combine.
Put the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, ensuring that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Whisk constantly until the mixture doubles in bulk.
Remove from the heat and continue whisking for about 5 minutes until the mixture has cooled slightly. Fold in the raisins and then immediately fold in the whipped cream.
Spoon into dessert glasses or goblets and serve with crisp biscuits/cookies.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.