This whipped coconut cream can be ideal frosting for many spring-summer recipes. Delicious, creamy, and elegant! Pina colada cocktail and mini cupcakes with whipped coconut cream frosting are totally my jam! Here is the recipe:
- 14 ounces (1 can) coconut milk, cooled
- 1-2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- other flavor extracts, cocoa powder, or ground spices (as cinnamon) – optional
- Chill the can of coconut milk overnight (or preferably 24 hours). The coconut cream will discrete from the water in coconut milk, and it’ll mount up at the top and solidify. (see note)
- Then, scoop out just the solid coconut cream that should have settled on top. In a mixer bowl, beat the coconut cream, vanilla extract, and maple syrup (plus other optional flavors until you get a light and fluffy texture).
- The whipped coconut cream need to be stable enough to frost cupcakes or cake with. Spoon or pipe it into a pastry bag and frost your favorite desserts. If not serving immediately, store it in the fridge.
Note: Unfortunately, with certain brands of coconut milk the separation of water and cream doesn’t occur.