Relax in the evening with a cup of this delicious vanilla-bourbon milkshakes with spicy chocolate-dipped pretzel rods and the next morning you will wake up refreshed and with a nice silky taste in your mouth. Magical! This recipe is created by Eddie Jackson. It has a very unique and special taste that will take you to another level of milkshake experience.
For the milkshakes:
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup bourbon, rum, vanilla vodka, or whiskey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Milk, as necessary
For the caramel sauce:
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
For the pretzel rods:
- 5 ounces Mexican chocolate (or other chocolate by your choice), melted and cooled to a thick but pourable consistency
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 pretzel rods
- Cayenne pepper, for sprinkling (optional)
To make the milkshakes:
- In the bowl of a blender, combine the ice cream, bourbon, vanilla and a sprinkle of salt. Blend until smooth and frothy, adding milk if necessary to thin. Pour into the chilled glasses.
To make the caramel sauce:
- Melt the brown sugar and butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, whisking until the sugar melts. Add the half-and-half and vanilla and bring to a boil; cool until thickened, 3 minutes. Season with some salt and let cool.
To make the pretzel rods:
- Place four 10-ounce glasses in the freezer and line a baking sheet with wax paper. In a short, very narrow glass or tumbler, stir together the chocolate and vegetable oil. Dip the pretzel rods in the chocolate, tilting the glass and twirling the rods to coat. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with cayenne. Place in the refrigerator until set, at least 20 minutes.
- Drizzle each milkshake with the caramel sauce, sprinkle with some salt, and garnish with a pretzel rod. Serve immediately.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.