I pretty much love any candy bar that has caramel in it. If you like caramel too, you are going to love these delicious cookies
The TWIX cookies start off with a buttery, flaky shortbread base then topped with caramel and finished with chocolate. I need to warn you that they are a very rich cookie so make sure you have some nice, cold milk on hand! Perfection!
- 1½ cups softened butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 15 oz. caramel
- 2 cups milk choc chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 F/ 180 C/ Gas Mark 4.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add your vanilla, flour, and salt. Mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out to ½ inch thick.
- To cut cookies you can use a biscuit cutter or I just used a small glass that was 2 inches wide.
- Place round cookies on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 F/ 180 C/ Gas Mark 4, for 15 minutes.
- Let cookies cool.
- Melt caramel and spread the caramel over the cooled cookies.
- Let caramel cool completely.
- Add your shortening into the chocolate chips and melt in the microwave. Use a microwave safe bowl and watch so that the chocolate does not burn.
- Spread melted chocolate over cooled caramel.
- Let chocolate set before serving.
- Do not put in the refrigerator as it will discolor the chocolate.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.