Shout-out to all Twix cookies fans! This TWIX Cookies homemade recipe is the real deal for you! I really like the combination of caramel and chocolate and Twix are one of my favorite cookies, so I decided to make them at home – and guess what – they are even better! Creamy, silky, chocolatey – simply delicious! Here is the recipe:
- 1½ cups butter softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 15 oz. caramel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 2 cups milk choc chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 180°C/ Gas Mark 4.
- Using an electric mixer, cream sugar and butter together. Apply the flour, salt, and vanilla. Combine well.
- Roll dough out to ½ in. thick on a lightly floured surface.
- Use small glass (2-icnh wide) or a biscuit cutter to cut cookies. Apply round cookies on a greased cookie sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and let them cool.
- Next, melt caramel and apply over the cookies; set aside to cool completely.
- In the meantime, add the shortening and chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and melt them in a microwave until just melted and smooth (be careful – so that the chocolate doesn’t burn).
- Spread this mixture over cooled caramel; set aside to set before serving.
- Note: Don’t refrigerate as it can discolor the chocolate.