This Tuscan bean soup is ideal for any season – you can eat it cold in spring and summer, and warm in autumn and winter – it is equally delicious in any season! Plus, it is a healthy, easy meal that is so tasty that your kids will love it! Here is the recipe:
- 300 grams/10 ½ oz. canned cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 300 grams/10 ½ oz canned borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 600 ml/1 pint vegetable stock
- 115 grams/4 oz. dried conchigliette or other small pasta shapes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Place half the cannellini beans and half the borlotti beans in a food processor with half the stock and process until smooth. Pour into a large, heavy-based saucepan and add the remaining beans. Stir in enough of the remaining stock to achieve the consistency you like, then bring to the boil. Add the pasta and return to the boil, then reduce the heat and cook for 15 minutes, or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a small frying pan. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes, or until golden. Stir the garlic into the soup with the parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and ladle into warmed bowls. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and serve immediately.