These triple chocolate mini bundt cakes are so delicious and very cute! They are ideal for any occasion – nice dessert after a Sunday lunch, birthday party mini cakes, or cocktail party treat.. the choice is yours!
Photo by Hip Foodie Mom
For the cake:
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or rum extract)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ½ cup brewed black coffee – I used espresso (slightly cooled if freshly brewed coffee)
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips (60%)
For the frosting:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder – sifted
- 1 tablespoon whole milk, plus some more if needed
For the chocolate covered strawberries:
- 8 fresh strawberries (use relatively large ones if possible)
- candy making and dipping wafers (dark melting wafers)
- chocolate sprinkles (optional, for added decoration)
To make the cake:
- Prepare your mini bundt pan by spraying with non-stick baking spray and preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Whisk together all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl until everything is well combined. Into the same bowl with the dry ingredients, add in the wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Pour in the bittersweet chocolate baking chips ( I used Ghirardelli) and mix to combine again. Fill each well in the mini bundt pan with the cake batter, filling only about ⅔ full. You do not want to pour in too much.
- Bake for around 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool. After at least 20 minutes, invert the baking pan and place mini bundt cakes either on a wire rack or serving plate.
To make the frosting:
- Beat the confectioners’ sugar, butter, and cocoa powder together in your stand mixer on medium-slow speed until the mixture comes together.
- Turn the mixer down to a slower speed, and add in the milk (feel free to add in 1 to 2 more tablespoons if needed, but start with one tablespoon of milk).
- When the milk has been incorporated, turn the mixer up to high speed and continue beating until the frosting is light and fluffy (for about 4-5 minutes).
- The longer the frosting is beaten, the lighter and fluffier it becomes. Chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before applying to the mini bundt cakes.
To make the chocolate covered strawberries:
- Prepare a baking sheet covered with either parchment paper, wax paper or a non-stick baking mat. Wash and pat dry each individual strawberry.
- Microwave the candy making and dipping wafers according to package instructions. Mix and dip each strawberry and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place strawberries in the refrigerator for at least 20-30 minutes to help the chocolate set and firm up.
- Frost the top of each mini bundt cake, either with a piping bag and tip or simply with a frosting knife.
- Sprinkle chocolate sprinkles on top of the frosting and place one chocolate covered strawberry on top!
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.