This triple chocolate cheesecake dessert is very simple but so rich in taste! I often prepare this dessert because my husband loves his weekend rituals – a piece of triple chocolate cheesecake and a cup of coffee. Here is the recipe:
For the Crust:
- 24 Oreo cookies finely crushed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or rum extract
For Cheesecake Filling:
- 2 lbs. cream cheese- room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 4 eggs- room temperature
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped
For Chocolate Topping:
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350F/ 180C/ Gas Mark 4, grease a 9-inch spring form pan and set aside.
- Finely crush the cookies in a food processor, add melted butter and vanilla/ rum extract and blend until it’s all moistened.
- Press crumb mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and set on a wire rack to cool while making the filling.
To make the filling:
- Melt 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate and set aside to cool.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth, mix in cocoa powder
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed and do not overbeat it.
- Add melted chocolate and mix on low speed to combine.
- Pour the filling over the crust and smooth the top.
- Bake the cheesecake until the center is set and the top looks dry (about 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes).
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then run a thin knife around the sides of the pan and set the cake in the refrigerator (uncovered), for at least 8 hours, or better overnight.
To make the topping:
- In a medium saucepan stir together cream, chocolate, and sugar on low heat until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Cool and pour over the cheesecake.
- When the topping is set and cooled again run a thin knife around the sides and remove the springform pan sides.
- This cheesecake can be prepared up to 2-3 days in advance just store covered in the refrigerator.
- Garnish with chocolate curls (optional). Serve.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.