These tomato tapenade crostini are my favorite weekend breakfast. They are so delicious and easy to prepare. If you love classic olive tapenade, you’ll love this refreshing version using fresh tomatoes. Plus, it contains many healthy ingredients, including olive oil, basil, tomato, and garlic. They also look amazing as an appetizer for holidays and parties.
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 plum (Roma) tomatoes, seeded and diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 8 green olives, pitted
- 8 Kalamata olives pitted
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- ¾ cup chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 anchovy fillet, cut up
- 2 reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled (or grated parmesan cheese)
- Heat oven to 425°F/220°C/ Gas Mark 7. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place baguette slices in single layer on cookie sheet. Bake 5 minutes, turn. Bake 5 minutes longer or until toasted.
- In a food processor, place all Tapenade ingredients, except feta cheese. Cover; process until mixture is finely diced, scraping bowl if necessary.
- Using slotted spoon, serve tapenade on crostini; sprinkle with feta or parmesan cheese.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.