This easy tiramisu torte is ideal for all the tiramisu lovers! It has a rich tiramisu flavor and if you like the taste of a cream and coffee – like my husband – then this cake will easily become your favorite dessert. Even if you don’t like many coffee flavors – you can substitute the coffee with unsweetened cocoa.
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup superfine sugar
- ¼ cup self-rising flour
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup corn starch
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules (I used espresso)
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur
- ⅓ cup marsala wine
- 1 lb. mascarpone cheese
- 1¼ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 180°C/ Gas Mark 4. Grease 9-inch cake pan with butter.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs around10 minutes or just until thick and creamy; slowly add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, whisking until sugar dissolves.
- Next, in another bowl, sift flours two times, then sift them over egg mix; fold ingredients together. Apply mixture to
- Bake sponge around 25 minutes. Then, turn cake immediately onto a parchment-covered wire rack and turn up to cool.
- In the meantime, combine water with coffee in a small heatproof bowl. Pour in liqueur and marsala; cool.
- In a mixing bowl, whip mascarpone, and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Whisk in cream and 1/3 cup of the coffee mix.
- Divide sponge in 1/2 vertically, then divide each sponge in 1/2 horizontally. Apply one of the cake rectangles on a serving dish, cut side up; next, brush with 1/4 of the remaining coffee mixture, and after that place 2/3 cup of mascarpone mix.
- Repeat layering method finishing with the sponge, cut-side down, and remaining mascarpone mix spread on top and sides of torte. Place in the fridge to set for about 2-3 hours.
- Garnish the cake with toffee almonds or coarsely chopped candied, if you desire.