This recipe for tiramisu cookies is brilliant! Different look, but still delicious and fun just like the classic tiramisu recipe. Rich creamy mascarpone cheese, rum, and espresso made into individual servings – ideal for various parties and weekend treats. Here is the recipe:
For the Tiramisu Cookies:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar, plus extra for rolling
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the Mascarpone Espresso Filling:
- 8 ounces/225 grams mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- ½ teaspoon instant espresso (1 teaspoon instant coffee granules)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- cocoa for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas Mark 5. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer cream the butter, sugar, vanilla, and rum extract together until light and fluffy–3-5 minutes. Add the egg and beat until combined.
- Add the baking powder and salt, then slowly add the flour to the mixture until well combined. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Scoop small 1 – 1½ teaspoon portions of dough and roll into balls. Place a little extra sugar in a small bowl and roll each ball in sugar before placing on a baking sheet. Use the bottom of a glass to press the dough balls into flat disks ½ inch thick.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, until just baked through.
For the mascarpone espresso filling:
- Wash the mixing bowl and dry well. Then place the mascarpone and butter in the bowl and beat to combine. Pour the vanilla extract into a small bowl. Add the instant espresso powder and mix to dissolve.
- Beat into the cheese mixture. Slowly add the 2 cups powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add extra powdered sugar if needed.
- Place the filling in a large zip bag and cut a tiny hole off the corner. Turn half of the cooled cookies over and pipe 1 tsp. of filling onto the bottom cookies.
- Top each cookie sandwich and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.