This salted caramel chocolate ganache is an ideal addition to many desserts. If you like the taste of caramel then don’t be afraid to include this ganache to your favorite desserts – it can be mixed with many flavors – and at the end of the day, you like caramel – you can use it wherever you like! Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50 grams dark chocolate (75+), chopped
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, apply the corn syrup, sugar, and salt. Using a rubber spatula, stir for one minute (do not stir for the rest of the cooking process).
- First, the sugar will turn clear, then it’ll start bubbling and change color. When you notice that it looks nice light brown color – caramel colored, add in the butter carefully (you got to be aware of potential sputtering).
- Next, remove the saucepan from the heat; immediately add the chopped dark chocolate and stir until melted, then add the vanilla and heavy cream – again very carefully. Stir shortly to combine.
- Pour the caramel ganache over the dessert, and refrigerate for about an hour, until set.