Salmon & Roasted Red Pepper Pasta – Italian Recipe
- 225 g/8 oz. skinned and boneless salmon fillet, thinly sliced
- 3 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- 6 tbsps. olive oil
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and quartered
- handful fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 50 g/2 oz/1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
- 450 g/1 lb. fettuccine or linguine
- 6 spring onions/scallions, trimmed and shredded
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the grill/broiler to high. Place the salmon in a bowl. Add the shallots, parsley, 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and the lemon juice. Reserve.
Brush the pepper quarters with a little olive oil. Cook them under the grill for 8-10 minutes until the skins have blackened and the flesh is tender. Place the peppers in a plastic bag until cool enough to handle.
When cooled, peel the peppers and cut into strips. Put the strips into a bowl with the basil and the remaining olive oil and reserve.
Toast the breadcrumbs until dry and lightly browned, then toss with the extra virgin olive oil and reserve.
Bring a large pan of salted water to a rolling boil and add the pasta. Cook according to the packet instructions or until al dente.
Transfer the peppers and their marinade to a hot frying pan. Add the spring onions/scallions and cook for 1-2 minutes until they have just softened. Add the salmon and its marinade and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until the salmon is just cooked. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Drain the pasta thoroughly and transfer to a warmed serving bowl. Add the salmon mixture and toss gently. Garnish with the breadcrumbs and serve immediately.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.