This dark chocolate frosting is so deep, creamy and satiny with a wonderful consistency for piping or spreading into lovely swirls. It has a gorgeous sheen, too. Here is the recipe:
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (plus extra 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup boiling water (plus extra 1 tablespoon)
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 4 ½ sticks (2 ¼ cups) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ pounds high-quality semisweet chocolate (melted, cooled)
- A pinch of salt
- Mix cocoa and the boiling water to dissolve the cocoa in the water. In a mixing bowl, on medium-high speed, whisk confectioners’ sugar, butter, and salt until creamy. Decrease speed to low.
- Apply melted and cooled chocolate, whisking until incorporated and scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Whisk in the cocoa mixture and mix again until well you get a nice consistency.
- Decorate your favorite dessert and enjoy!