This easy chocolate mousse cheesecake is so creamy, so melt-in- your mouth treat! You will love it – looks amazing and tastes even more amazing! Plus, is so easy to prepare –anyone can do it! Here is the recipe:
For the Cookie Crumb Crust:
- 1 ½ cups Pan di Stelle cookies or Oreo cookies crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ⅓ cup melted butter
For the Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake Mixture:
- 3 squares dark chocolate, melted (3 ounces dark chocolate in total)
- Three 8 oz. blocks (1 ½ pounds) cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
For the Ganache Glaze:
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
To make the Cookie Crumb Crust:
- Grease and line the bottom of a 9 in. springform pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the crumbs, melted butter, and sugar well and press the crumbs into the springform Leave aside. Now, make the cheesecake mixture.
To make the Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake mixture:
- Cream together well, the sugar, melted chocolate, and cream cheese.
- Put the eggs, one at a time, whipping well after each addition. Add in the vanilla extract. Mix shortly again.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar to form soft peaks. Next, fold into the cheesecake batter.
- Using a spatula, spread into prepared spring form pan. Bake in a water bath at 300°F/ 150°C/ Gas Mark 2, for around 60 to 75 minutes, or until the cake’s surface no longer looks glossy.
- Remove from oven. Immediately run a knife around the edge of the pan in order to release the cake and cool entirely in the pan. Then, assemble with chocolate ganache glaze.
To make the Ganache Glaze:
- Place ¼ cup heavy cream in a saucepan – scald but don’t boil. Next, on low heat, melt the chocolate chips.
- Apply over cooled cake and decorate with some fresh berries (if desired).