Happy recipe! Quick, easy and includes only a few ingredients. All you need is a large bowl and spatula or wooden spoon.
I made this cake for the Valentine’s Day this year and my husband was delighted! He likes desserts so this cake was definitely the ideal gift! You can make it for any occasion because you will need only 15 minutes. So, here is the recipe:
- 35 ounces (1 kg.) Jaffa cakes
- 200 ml milk
- 200 grams chopped walnuts or hazelnuts
- 250 grams butter
- 2-3 tablespoons rum
- 300 grams whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
- A few fresh or frozen strawberries (optional)
- Chop the Jaffa cakes (1 into 4 pieces), place them into a bowl and scald them with warm milk and butter. Next, add the chopped nuts and the rum.
- Combine them well with a wooden spoon.
- Place on a serving dish and make your favorite cake (in my case I made a heart, but you can make a regular round form or anything you like).
- Next, place the sugar into a mixing bowl and add the whipping cream. Whisk with an electric mixer until the cream reaches stiff peaks. You can add some strawberries into the whipping cream
and mix again for 30
- Decorate the cake with the whipping cream and freeze for 1 hour before serving.
Bon Appétit and fun cooking!
Jaffa Biscuits = Jaffa Cakes, I call them biscuits because they are more like chocolate biscuits to me instead of cakes. However, am talking about the popular biscuits with fruit jelly and chocolate coating – you can use any brand you like!