This quick Baileys chocolate mousse recipe is so chocolaty and delicious and guess what – it will take you just 10 MINUTES to make it! So, if your doorbell rings and there are unexpected guests for Saint Patrick’s Day – this quick Baileys chocolate mousse will save the day!
Saint Patrick’s Day is a holiday in Ireland, the British Overseas Territory of Montserrat, and the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador. It is also widely celebrated around the world – by the Irish diaspora, especially in Canada, Great Britain, the United States, Australia, New Zealand, and Argentina. Saint Patrick’s Day is celebrated in more countries than any other national holiday. In recent years, there has been a criticism of St. Patrick’s Day festivities for having become too commercialized. But, there are so many great desserts for this holiday – that it’s “a sin” not to try one! Here is my quick St. Patrick’s Day dessert:
- 16 oz soft tofu (GMO-free)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, melted (you can also use vegan chocolate)
- 1/3 cup Baileys Irish cream liqueur (you can use the same amount of black coffee for vegan version)
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon pistachios, chopped (optional)
- In a microwavable dish melt the chocolate chips in 30-second intervals stirring in between. Leave aside.
- In a blender put the Baileys liqueur tofu and Baileys and blend until smooth (for about 1-2 minutes). Put the melted chocolate chips and blend until everything is well combined.
- Divide mixture between 4 individual cups or glasses (for the more elegant look) and garnish with some cocoa powder and/or chopped pistachios (if desired).
- Place mousse glasses in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours to set. It will not thicken at a lot, only enough to take after soft mousse consistency.
Happy St.Patrick’s Day!
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.