- 150 g/5 oz. /scant 1 cup polenta/cornmeal
- 50 g/2 oz. /generous 1/3 cup plain/all-purpose flour
- 125 g/4 oz. / ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 125 g/4 oz. /scant 2/3 cup caster/superfine sugar
- finely grated zest of 1 small orange
- 1 large/extra-large egg
- 1 large/extra-large egg yolk
- 1 tbsp. icing/confectioners’ sugar, sifted
Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5, 10 minutes before baking. Lightly oil two baking sheets. Place the polenta/cornmeal and flour into a mixing bowl and add the butter. Rub the butter into the flour and polenta, then stir in the sugar. Add the orange zest and stir lightly together.
Beat the egg with the egg yolk, then add to the bowl and bring the mixture together either with a spoon or your hands to form a soft but slightly sticky dough.
Spoon into a large decorating bag fitted with a large fluted nozzle/tip and pipe rosettes onto the prepared baking sheets, allowing room for expansion.
Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until firm and golden. Remove from the oven. leave to cool slightly, then place on a wire rack. Leave until cold before sprinkling with a little sifted icing/confectioners· sugar and serving. Store in an airtight container.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.