Pizza Tricolour Wedges
- 1 quantity pizza dough
- plain/all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 2-4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2-3 tbsps. tomato puree/paste
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- 225 g/8 oz. /scant 2 cups sliced mozzarella cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- large handful basil, torn
Preheat the oven to 230°C/450°F/Gas Mark 8, 15 minutes before cooking. Place a pizza stone or large baking sheet in the oven to heat 5 minutes before cooking. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to form an oblong 25 x 20.5 cm/10 x 8 inches, cover lightly with plastic wrap and reserve.
Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onions and garlic and fry for 5-8 minutes until softened. Drain with a slotted spoon and reserve.
Remove the plastic wrap from the pizza base. Spread the base with the tomato puree/paste and spoon the onions and garlic on top. Arrange the sliced tomatoes on top together with the sliced mozzarella cheese and season with black pepper.
Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until the cheese has melted and is bubbly.
Sprinkle with tom basil, cut into wedges and serve immediately.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.