Piña colada tiramisu is the perfect dessert for me because I really like the taste of Piña colada cocktail and tiramisu cake. This dessert is the best weekend treat to relax and enjoy la bella vita. Here is the recipe:
- 1 lb. mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium can pineapple chunks (drained, reserved)
- 24 savoiardi or ladyfingers, cut in ½
- 1 cup pineapple juice (you can use the juice from the pineapple chunks)
- 1 to 2 cups toasted coconut
- In a small bowl, stir 3 tablespoons of the dark rum and the pineapple to blend.
In a separate bowl, mix the mascarpone and the remaining one tablespoon of rum.
- In another bowl, using an electric mixer – whisk the sugar, cream, and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Using a spatula, place the whipped cream into the mascarpone mix and combine.
- Then, line the bottom of a13x9x2-in. baking dish with ½ of the savoiardi/ladyfingers.
- Apply 1/2 of the juice mix over the ladyfingers. Next, spread 1/2 of the mascarpone mix over the juice mix, then cover with ½ of the pineapple chunks.
- Repeat the method with the remaining ladyfingers, juice mix, mascarpone mix, and pineapple chunks.
- To finish, top with some toasted coconut. Cover and place in the fridge at least 4 hours (or preferably overnight). Slice and serve.