If you like the taste of pineapple, rum, and coconut or the popular pina colada cocktail then these cute cupcakes will bring you a lot of fun and enjoyment! These pina colada cupcakes will offer you an amazing tropical flavor! Perfect for birthdays, baby showers, and other spring-summer parties – simply beautiful and delicious! You will need around 25 minutes to make them plus extra time for chilling. Here is the recipe:
For the cupcakes:
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon rum
- 8 oz. (1 can) crushed (undrained) pineapple in juice
- 3 eggs
For the frosting:
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 container whipped vanilla frosting
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 180°C/ Gas Mark 4. Apply paper baking cup in each of regular-size cupcakes cups.
- Using an electric mixer, on low speed, whisk cake mix, water, oil, eggs, rum extract, and the crushed pineapple for 30 seconds, then on medium for 2 minutes.
- Split mixture evenly among cupcake cups. Place in the preheated oven and bake 15-20 minutes, or until tester inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Let them cool in pans for a few minutes; then remove the cupcakes from the cups and cool completely.
- In the meantime, stir rum extract and coconut milk into the frosting. Frost the cupcakes and dip their tops in coconut. Serve.