Whip up this simple peppermint mousse to impress at your next dinner party. It looks and tastes amazing! If you like the combination of peppermint and chocolate then this mousse is definitely for you! You can prepare it anytime because it requires only 5 ingredients! Here is the recipe:
- 2 x 100 grams blocks mint intense chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup thickened cream
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- After dinner mints, to serve
- Place chocolate in a heatproof microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50%) for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring with a metal spoon halfway through cooking, or until smooth. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream for 2 to 3 minutes until soft peaks form.
- Add egg yolks and half the cream to chocolate. Stir to combine. Fold in remaining cream. Wash and dry the beaters and bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites for 3 to 4 minutes until soft peaks form. Add sugar. Beat until glossy. Fold half the egg white mixture into the chocolate until combined. Fold in remaining egg white mixture.
- Spoon mixture into 4 x 1/2 cup-capacity glasses. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours or until set. Serve topped with after dinner mints.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.