This pecan pie is a delicious and healthy recipe that can be a perfect choice for sweet dessert for your kids and family. This pecan pie recipe features brown sugar and maple syrup and is sure to draw recipe requests all year round. You can decorate with anything you want – with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, frozen or fresh fruits, whipping cream, or caramel. Here is the recipe:
- 1/4 cup brown sugar tightly packed
- 1/3 cup butter-tightly packed
- 1/3 cup castor or powdered sugar
- 3 eggs slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 120 gm pecans-cut small, saving a few whole for decoration
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked shell of short crust pastry of 7
- Preheat the oven to 325°F/170°C/Gas Mark 3.
- Blend brown sugar and butter and melt in a pan placed over a pan of hot water.
- Add castor sugar, eggs, maple syrup and milk. Mix well and cook till thickened a bit (all over hot water).
- Remove from heat and mix in pecans, vanilla, and salt.
- Pour mixture into the unbaked shell and bake for about 1 hour in a preheated
See Also: Pecans Health Benefits: Take a Pecan – Not a Pill!
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.