Ah, dessert shooters. Whoever first thought of divvying up desserts into shot glass-sized servings is on my list of heroes (right up there with the first person who decided to put cookie dough in ice cream). I’ve made a couple of different versions of dessert shooters in the past, but these peanut butter pie ones are my favorite.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese (can use reduced fat)
- 14 ounce can sweeten condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream (or whipped cream)
- 16 Oreos (or other similar cookies), crushed
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- sea salt for sprinkling (optional)
- Beat cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar and beat until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Fold in whipped cream, or add liquid heavy whipping cream and continue to beat until the mixture gets a little bit fluffy. Refrigerate mixture until ready to serve.
- Stir melted butter in with crushed Oreos and press 1 teaspoon crumbs into the bottoms of dessert shooter cups.
- Pour peanut butter mixture into a plastic baggie, snip the corner, and pipe into the cups (on top of the crumbs).
- Sprinkle the tops with another ½ teaspoon of crumbs. Top with a sprinkle of sea salt for an extra sweet-salty combo. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: Peanut Butter Pie Shooters will thicken as it sits in the refrigerator. I actually prefer to eat these after they’ve been in the fridge overnight.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.