Peanut butter is an incredible food, not only because it’s tasty and healthy but because it’s one of the most versatile ingredients. In this recipe, you can find many “diet enemies” – but you can always find a day to celebrate sweets and enjoy life – so, the following peanut butter mousse pie is just ideal for that kind of days! I mixed a few delicious, hard- to- resist ingredients that make this recipe rich and tasty.
- 7 whole graham crackers, coarsely broken
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 4 tablespoons sugar divided
- ½ stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup plus 1 3/4 cups chilled whipping cream, divided
- 1 1/3 cups bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips (about 8 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 6 ounces/170 grams (1 cup) peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C/ Gas Mark 4. Spray 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish with nonstick spray. Blend melted butter, graham crackers, and 2 tbsp. sugar in a blender until moist clumps form. Press crumb mixture over bottom and up sides of prepared pie dish. Bake crust until lightly browned, around 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix chocolate chips, corn syrup, 2/3 cup cream, and 1 tsp. vanilla in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium heat until chocolate softens, around 3 minutes. Whisk until melted and smooth.
- Spread chocolate mixture over bottom of crust. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Microwave peanut butter chips and 3/4 cup cream in a large microwave-safe bowl on medium heat at 15-second intervals just until chips soften, stirring often. Whisk in 1 teaspoon vanilla and peanut butter.
- Cool to barely lukewarm.
- Beat remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 cup cream in medium bowl until very thick but not yet holding peaks; fold into peanut butter mixture in 3 additions. Spoon mousse over chocolate layer.
- Chill at least 1 hour and up to 1 day before serving.
Drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with some chopped peanuts.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.