These peanut butter chocolate magic bars are must try this season! The creamy combination of chocolate and peanut butter creates magic in this dessert. Plus, it is very easy and simple to make…and what is most important – truly delicious! Try it:
Servings: one 8 by 8-in. dish
- 16-ounce (1 box) peanut butter sandwich cookies
- 4-ounce cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ stick (4 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (creamy)
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 8-ounce (1 container) whipped topping, divided (I used Cool Whip)
- 9-ounce (1 package) instant chocolate pudding mix (like Jello-O)
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- In a food processor or blender, finely crush 24 of the cookies.
- In a medium bowl, combine together the finely crushed cookies and melted butter until well moistened.
- Next, press evenly into an ungreased 8 by 8-in. baking pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow the crust to cool completely.
- In the meantime, using an electric mixer, beat the pudding mix with the 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, beat confectioner’s sugar, cream cheese, and peanut butter until well incorporated.
- Fold in 1 cup of the whipped topping and mix until blended.
- Then, spread the chocolate pudding over the crust.
- Apply cream cheese mixture over the chocolate pudding layer and using a spatula gently spread to cover.
- Add remaining whipped topping over the cream cheese.
- Place in the fridge to set for 2 hours or if you want it quicker – keep it 30 minutes in a freezer.
- In a plastic bag, break up the remaining cookies.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips and cookies over the top just before serving. Slice and serve.