Oven-baked Pork Balls with Peppers
For the garlic bread:
- 2–4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 50 g/2 oz. /4 tbsps. butter, softened
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- 2-3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 focaccia loaf
For the pork balls:
- 450 g/1 lb fresh minced/ground pork
- 4 tbsps. freshly chopped basil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsps. olive oil
- 1 medium red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 medium green pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 medium yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 225 g/8 oz. /2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsps. balsamic vinegar
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6, 15 minutes before cooking. Crush the garlic, then blend with the softened butter, the parsley and enough lemon juice to give a soft consistency. Shape into a roll, wrap in baking parchment and chill for at least 30 minutes.
Mix together the pork, Basil, 1 chopped garlic clove, sun-dried tomatoes and seasoning until well combined. With damp hands, divide the mixture into 16, roll into balls and reserve.
Spoon the olive oil into a large roasting tin/pan and place in the preheated oven for about 3 minutes until very hot. Remove from the heat and stir in the pork balls, the remaining chopped garlic and the peppers. Bake for about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir in the cherry tomatoes and season to taste with plenty of salt and pepper. Bake again for about 20 minutes.
Just before the pork balls are ready, slice the bread, toast lightly and spread with the prepared garlic butter. Remove the pork balls from the oven, stir in the vinegar and serve immediately with the garlic bread.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.