These gorgeous cupcakes deliver on minty flavor and the lucky charm of delicious shamrock shakes. They look amazing – so, you can make them for different parties, holidays, and many other occasions. Their green color makes them an ideal dessert for St. Patrick’s Day. Here is the recipe:
Oreo-Shamrock Shake Cupcakes
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- water, vegetable oil, and eggs called for on cake mix box
- mint green gel food color
- 2 ½ cups whipped fluffy white frosting (from two 12-oz containers)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 Oreo chocolate mint crème sandwich cookies, cut into quarters (about 1 cup)
- Heat oven to 350°F/ 180°C/ Gas Mark 4. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- Make cake batter as directed on box, stirring food color into the batter to desired shade of green. Bake cupcakes as directed. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix frosting and peppermint extract. Spoon about 1 cup frosting into decorating bag fitted with 1/8- to 1/4-inch tip. Insert tip into the center of 1 cupcake, about halfway down. Gently squeeze decorating the bag, pulling upward until cupcake swells slightly and filling comes to the top. Repeat with remaining cupcakes.
- Spoon remaining frosting into the same bag; generously pipe frosting in a circular motion on top of each cupcake, leaving a 1/4-inch border around edge. Top with Oreo pieces.
Note: Add a white sprinkle border around the frosted edges, if desired.
Oreo Thins chocolate mint crème sandwich cookies can be found in the grocery aisle next to the other varieties of Oreo cookies. They have less filling, which makes them easier to cut into quarters.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.