When you don’t know what to make for dessert, a cake is always a great solution. This Oreo Chocolate Cheesecake Cake is a creamy bundt cake with a cookie cheesecake filling and it is topped with a cream cheese glaze and more Oreo cookies.
Oreo Cheesecake Chocolate Cake Recipe
For chocolate cake:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
For no-baked Oreo cheesecake filling:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 12 Oreo cookies (or other similar cookies) – coarsely crushed
For milk chocolate ganache:
- 8 oz. milk chocolate finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup whipped cream
To make the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/ Gas Mark 4, and grease two 9 inch round baking pans and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and mix on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Add boiling water and mix until it’s smooth.
- Divide batter into 2 prepared pans and bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pans, then remove from pans to wire racks upside down (this flattens domed cakes) and cool completely.
To make the filling:
- In a large mixing bowl mix heavy whipping cream until firm peaks form.
- In another mixing bowl beat cream cheese and sugar until it’s smooth.
- Combine cream cheese and whipped cream and stir in crushed Oreo.
To make the ganache:
- In a saucepan over a low heat melt chopped milk chocolate, remove from the heat and stir in heavy cream.
- Stir until it’s smooth and pour over the cake. (if it’s too runny cool it a little until ganache is thickened but still thin enough to drip down the sides of the cake).
To Assemble the Cake:
- Spread filling on the bottom layer of cooled cake, carefully place the second layer on top of filling, then spoon chocolate ganache on top of the cake.
- Garnish with chocolate chips and whipped cream if desired.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.