I adapted this delicious one-step espresso ice cream recipe from Nigella Lawson’s one-Step, no-churn coffee ice cream recipe. This recipe is embarrassingly simple! However, as you will find out, easy though it’s to make, its flavor is very deep, complex and absolutely compelling.
And, here is how it goes: you do not make a custard and you certainly do not need an ice-cream maker. You can (and I usually do) serve it with a chocolate sauce but my favorite way of consuming this is by squidging it into little brioches (just like Nigella presented it), like burger buns, as they do in the south of Italy.
One-Step Espresso Ice Cream Dessert Recipe
- 400 milliliters double cream
- 185 grams condensed milk
- 50 grams grated dark chocolate
- 2 ½ tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 3 tablespoons espresso liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate sauce (optional)
- Place all the ingredients together into a mixing bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. You will get a beautiful, café-latte-colored airy mixture.
- Then, fill airtight containers and freeze for 7 hours or preferably overnight. Decorate with a chocolate sauce and serve.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.