These Ultimate healthy soft oatmeal cookies didn’t stand a chance at our house. I usually eat them for breakfast or while I watch Wendy Williams Show, and my husband enjoys them with a cup of coffee– so when I prepare these delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookies they usually last for one day! Even with just me sneaking (and eating) them, they only lasted three days.
These little treats can also be an ideal gift for your parents and grandparents! My nonna loves them! I hope you enjoy them just as much!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 6 oz./170 grams (1 cup) semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F/ 177 °C/Gas Mark 4. In a large bowl, stir butter and brown sugar until blended. Stir in egg and vanilla until light and fluffy. Stir in flour, oats, salt, and baking soda; stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Onto ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cookie dough can be covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours before baking. If it becomes too firm, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before using.
- Cookie dough can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 9 months. Thaw just until soft enough to handle.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.