Imagine a nice Sunday afternoon, which is the only day you get to unwind yourself and are in no mood to cook. But, suddenly you hear the doorbell and to your surprise, some unexpected guests have arrived. So, you need to prepare something asap! In that case – this Nutella cheesecake mousse recipe will save you from last-minute cooking panic.
For the crust:
- 12 Oreo Cookies (or other similar cookies), crushed into crumbs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounces) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
For the garnish:
- whipped topping, optional
- chocolate shavings, optional
- toasted, chopped hazelnuts, optional
- In a medium bowl, stir together the Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter. Evenly divide the crumbs between your individual serving dishes and press into the bottoms of the dishes to form a crust layer.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and Nutella until smooth. Add vanilla and mix to combine. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped topping until well blended and no streaks remain.
- Evenly pipe or spoon the filling into individual serving dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- If desired, garnish with additional whipped topping, chocolate shavings, and/or toasted, chopped hazelnuts.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.