I really love eclairs but I don’t have much time to make them…making éclair pastry is a quite complicated process – if you want to make it perfect! But, recently I received this amazing recipe from my cousin Franca and … the taste of éclairs is back in my home! This no-bake eclair cake is lovely and delicious and everyone can make it!
- 2 packages (3.5 oz.) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 container (8 oz.) whipped topping, thawed (I used Cool Whip)
- 3 cups milk
- 2 packages graham cracker squares
- 1 tub of dark chocolate ganache (here is the recipe: LINK)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the pudding mix, whipped topping, and milk.
- In an 9 x 13 baking dish, arrange a single layer of crackers on the bottom. You may have to break them up a bit to get enough graham crackers in order to cover the bottom of your dish.
- Spread 1/2 of the pudding mixture on top of the crackers. Layer another layer of crackers over the pudding mixture.
- Then layer the other 1/2 of the pudding mixture on top of crackers. Top with a final layer of graham crackers.
- Put plastic wrap over dish and put in the fridge for about half an hour to an hour to allow pudding to set.
- When ready, put the tub of chocolate frosting in the microwave for about 15 seconds to soften (remove lid and aluminum foil top before microwaving).
- Take out and stir frosting. It should be easily spreadable now.
- Remove plastic wrap from dish and evenly spread chocolate frosting all over the top layer of graham crackers.
- Place plastic wrap over the top of the dish and put back in the fridge. Leave it overnight. This dessert gets better over time. The graham crackers need time to soften up. When ready, slice, serve and
Note: This dessert doesn’t take long to prepare but it definitely needs lots of time to set up. Make this the night before you actually need to serve it.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.