This mojito pie is so creamy and refreshing. An ideal dessert for the spring-summer season and great addition to each party or special occasion. It is very easy to prepare plus is a no-bake recipe. Simply delicious! Here is the recipe:
- 1 Graham cracker crust (buy or make, here is the recipe: LINK)
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon white rum
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 lime, thinly sliced (to garish, optional)
- Mint leaves (to garnish, optional)
- Make the crust according to the instructions of the recipe. (I prepared the crust in a rectangular dish but you can set it in a round one if you like).
- In a saucepan, add sugar, eggs, lime juice, white rum, lime zest, and chopped mint leaves and place over medium-low heat. Stirring constantly, cook until the mix begins to thicken (around 10 minutes). Remove pan from heat.
- Add the mixture in a mixing bowl, and whisk in heavy cream and butter until well combined. Strain the mixture through a sieve.
- To finish, apply the mixture over the crust, cover and refrigerate to set for a few hours.
- Before serving, decorate with lime slices and/or mint leaves (if desired). Slice and serve.