Brandy makes a welcome appearance in this basic cream cheese frosting. This Brandy cream cheese icing is ideal for a variety of cakes, especially banana, apple, or carrot.
Today, am presenting you my favorite combination – Mocha Molasses Cupcakes With Brandy Cream Cheese Icing:
For the Cupcakes:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups strong black coffee, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Brandy Cream Cheese Icing:
- 100 grams butter, softened
- 200 grams cream cheese, softened
- 500-600 grams icing sugar
- 5 tablespoons premium brandy
To Make the Mocha Molasses Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 F/ 180 C/ Gas Mark 4. Prepare muffin tins.
- In a medium bowl beat the butter, sugar, molasses, and egg until fluffy. Whisk in the coffee.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat in the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups 25-30 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
To make the Brandy cream cheese icing:
- Beat softened butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add 500g icing sugar and bourbon. Beat until creamy.
- Add remaining icing sugar if a thicker consistency is needed.
- Decorate the cupcakes with the icing and serve.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.