Whether you need a quick green dessert recipe for St. Patrick’s Day or you adore mint chocolate chip as much as I do, this no bake Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Mousse is everything you want in a cheesecake without having to bake one.
- 13 regular Oreos or other similar cookies (150 grams), finely crushed in a food processor
- 2 tablespoons (28 grams) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) cold water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (15 grams) gelatin powder or 4 gelatin leaves
- 1 1/2 cups (350 ml) heavy cream
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- Green and yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1 teaspoon mint extract (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups (200 grams) powdered sugar, divided
- 1 (3.5 oz.) bar good quality semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped (or more to taste)
- Sweetened whipped cream, mint leaves and finely chopped chocolate for garnish (optional)
- In a mixing bowl stir together crushed Oreos and butter, divide mixture among 8 small dessert cups and gently press into an even layer. Add water to a small bowl then sprinkle gelatin evenly over top, let rest 5 – 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour heavy cream into a medium mixing bowl and whip until soft peaks form. Add 1/4 cup (35g) of the powdered sugar and whip until stiff peaks form (shake excess on beater blades into a bowl, no need to rinse), set aside.
- Add cream cheese to a separate mixing bowl and mix with electric hand mixer until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add remaining 1 1/4 cups (164g) powdered sugar and mix until combined. Add in mint and peppermint extract, and food coloring if using (I used about 16 drops green and 8 drops yellow – just a generic brand but they’re probably all about the same) and mix until combined, set aside.
- Heat gelatin mixture in microwave on high power for 30 seconds then removes and whisk 1 minute to ensure it dissolves well.
- Let cool 3 minutes (no longer or it may start to set) then pour gelatin mixture into cream cheese mixture and immediately blend with a hand mixer until Add whipped cream mixture and chopped chocolate to cream cheese mixture and fold just until evenly combined.
- Pour mixture in batches into a piping bag and pipe mousse over Oreo crust layer (or just spoon it into cups). Chill 3 hours.
- Serve chilled and if desired (just before serving) pipe sweetened whipped cream on top, garnish with mint and chopped chocolate.
Note: If you don’t want to purchase both the mint and peppermint extract you can just use 3/4 tsp of the peppermint extract. I just prefer the blend of the two.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.