These mini strawberry champagne cheesecakes are so delicious and worth the time of preparation. You may probably already know that I usually prefer making something quick and easy but these treats are my favorite recipe that requires a little bit more than 30 minutes to make them. Here is the mini strawberry champagne cheesecakes recipe:
Photo by lifeloveandsugar.com
Servings 12 to 14 mini cheesecakes
For the crust:
- 135 grams (1 cup) vanilla wafer cookie crumbs
- 25 grams (2 tablespoons) sugar
- 56 grams (4 tablespoons) butter, melted
For the cheesecake:
- 1 cup (240ml) champagne
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 340 grams/ 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 105 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 25 grams (3 tablespoons) flour
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 to 8 strawberries, chopped
- 2 eggs
For the strawberry champagne whipped cream:
- 240 ml (1 cup) champagne
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) strained strawberry puree
- 240 ml (1 cup) heavy whipping cream
- 58 grams (1/2 cup) powdered sugar
- 4 to 5 drops red food color (optional)
- Some sprinkles (optional)
Note: If you want to use strawberry buttercream frosting instead of strawberry champagne whipped cream, here you can find the recipe: LINK
To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 325°F/165°/Gas Mark 3. Place cupcake liners in a cupcake pan.
Next, mix the vanilla wafer cookies crumbs, melted butter, and sugar.
- Pour the mixture into the cupcake liners (around 2 tbsp. per cup); press into the bottoms. Bake for 5 minutes and remove from oven. Let the crust cool for a while.
To make the cheesecake feeling:
- Meanwhile, make the cheesecake feeling. Reduce the oven to 300°F /150°C/ Gas Mark 2. In a medium sized saucepan, add the cornstarch and champagne and heat over medium heat for around 10 to 15 minutes, to reduce and thicken the champagne until half, to ½ cup. Don’t boil. In order to check if the volume has decreased enough, pour the fluid into a measuring cup. If not yet at 120 ml (at a half cup), put the champagne back into the saucepan and continue to heat until it has. When you are done, leave aside to cool and come to room You can put it in a fridge (or a freezer if you want to speed up the cooling process).
- In the meantime, place the flour, sugar, and cream cheese in a mixer bowl and whisk on low speed until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Put the vanilla extract and sour cream. Whisk on low speed until incorporated. Place the champagne reduction and combine well again.
- Next, add the eggs, one at a time, whisking carefully and scraping the sides of the bowl after every addition. Put about 1 tablespoon of chopped strawberries to each crust so there is an even layer at the bottom of each one.
- Then, put the filling to every cheesecake cup till the cups are generally full. Place the cupcake pan in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, then turn off the oven and let the door close for additional five minutes.
Finally, remove from the oven and let the cupcake pan cool for around 20 minutes at a room temperature. Then, place it in the fridge for another 20 minutes to finish cooling. Once they are cooled, you can remove the cheesecakes from the pan.
To make the whipped cream:
- While the cupcake pan is cooling you can prepare the whipped cream. Pour the champagne and the cornstarch in a mixer bowl and beat together for 3 minutes then add in the strawberry puree and mix all over for 1 minutes.
- Next, add this mixture to a saucepan and heat over medium for around 10 minutes (or until reduced by ½ cup). Don’t boil. To check if the volume has reduced enough, place the fluid into a measuring cup. If not still at 120 ml ( ½ cup), pour it back into the pan and carry on heating until it has. When it’s done, leave aside to cool and come to room temperature (place it in the fridge or freezer in order to speed up the cooling process).
- Add the heavy cream, champagne mixture, powdered sugar, and red food coloring to a mixer bowl and whip on high speed till stiff peaks form.
- In the end, pipe swirls of whipped cream onto the top of every cheesecake. You can also add some sprinkles to the top (if desired) then place the cheesecakes in the fridge until ready to serve.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.