These delicious mini chocolate mousse cakes are an ideal treat for every birthday party, anniversary, or holiday. Sweet and luxurious look – but simple and easy preparation method! Here is the recipe:
- 100 grams digestive biscuits
- 30g butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 gelatin leaves or 20 grams powdered gelatin (1 package)
- 2 tablespoons liqueur, such as amaretto or Frangelico
- 100 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 egg, separated
- 185ml (3/4 cup) thickened cream
- Fresh berries, to serve
- Double cream, to serve
For the satin glaze:
- 50 grams dark chocolate
- 20 grams unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon glucose syrup
For the toffee hearts:
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- Grease and line two 10cm (base measurement) springform cake pans. Process the biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Place butter in a large bowl. Stir in cocoa powder until smooth. Stir in a biscuit. Press over basis of prepared pans. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Place gelatin in a bowl. Cover with cold water. Set aside for 5 minutes to soften. Squeeze out excess water. Stir the gelatin and liqueur in a small saucepan over low heat for 1 minute or until gelatin dissolves.
- Stir the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water for 3-4 minutes or until melted. Cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the egg yolk and thickened cream until smooth. Carefully stir in the gelatin mixture.
- Use an electric beater to whisk egg white in a bowl until stiff peaks form. Use a large metal spoon to fold into the chocolate mixture. Divide between pans. Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- To make the satin glaze, stir the chocolate, butter, cream and glucose syrup in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water for 3-4 minutes or until melted and smooth. Divide between chocolate mousses. Chill for 1 hour or until firm.
- While cakes are chilling, to make the toffee hearts, preheat oven to 200°C. Line a roasting pan with foil, then line with baking paper. Sprinkle sugar evenly over paper. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Remove pan from oven. Quickly and carefully use a metal teaspoon to drizzle 8 hearts onto the prepared tray. Set aside for 10 minutes to set.
- Transfer each cake to a plate. Top with double cream, toffee hearts, and fresh berries.
Note: Preparation time excludes 5 mins standing, 5 mins cooling and 3 1/2 hours chilling time.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.