Burgers with beef and guacamole are one of the most delicious burger combination that I’ve ever tried! Adding zucchini to the burger mixture is a great way of hiding greens for fussy eaters! Making the burgers mini reduces the portion size as well as the likelihood of overindulging.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 slices wholemeal bread, crusts removed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light milk
- 250 grams minced beef
- 1/2 cup zucchini, finely grated, excess moisture squeezed out
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra
- 40 grams low-fat cheddar, thinly sliced
- 8 mini wholemeal or seeded bread rolls, halved, toasted
- Baby spinach leaves, to serve
For the guacamole:
- 1 ripe avocado, halved
- 1/2 tomato, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- For the guacamole, scoop the avocado into a large bowl and mash with a fork. Stir in the tomato, chives and lemon juice. Cover. Place in the fridge.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened, then set aside to cool. Place the bread and milk in a bowl and set aside for 1 minute to soak. Add the cooked onion, beef, zucchini and paprika and use your hands to combine. Shape the mixture into 8 patties.
- Heat the extra oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the patties, in batches, for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked through. If needed, partially cover the pan to help the patties cook through more quickly.
- Preheat grill to high. Place the cheese on the patties. Grill for 1 minute or until the cheese melts.
- Top the roll bases with baby spinach, patties, guacamole and roll tops.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.